View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Istanbul Agop Picture-Fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
Thought I might finally put up some pictures of my AGOPs.
Both beautiful and very thin. A few pictures.
21" Signature Ride 1856g

Crazy how the camera and lighting can totally change the look of the cymbal. I really like the tan/brown sort of look, like from the close up and back shot, but really it's color is closer to the other shots, maybe even a bit darker. Even in real life they change their appearance often. lol

Awesome Latin Groover. The Agop Signature cymbals are pure bronze art in my view and your pictures yet again capture the beauty of these cymbals.

Hey how's the stick over wash ratio on on your 21" 1856g Sig by the way? . Pretty light for a 21" incher but hey when I heard the way on top woody stick click on my Ottoman 21" Jazz Ride at 1970g it changed FOREVER everything I had previously believed in regards to thinner Agop rides at least in regards to what this particular Ottoman design managed to pull off which came as quite a surprise to me. Best heard stick click over wash according to an old long time friend and jazz guitar player I work with and this is the LIGHTEST/ THINNESS Agop ride in my collection. Go figure :}

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan

Last edited by Steamer; 04-19-2008 at 07:10 PM.