Old 03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Senior Administrator

Default Re: DRUM INSTRUCTION DVD & BOOK REVIEWS

NAME:
BASS DRUM TECHNIQUES for today's drummer : UNBURYING THE BEATER

STAR RATING:
######
WORDED RATING:
nicely detailed thought out with good production.excellent camera angles, clear instructions. Probably the best bass technique DVd out there.
TARGET AUDIENCE:
All drummers
PUBLISHED BY:
unburying the beater productions & Hal Leonard
DESCRIPTION:
As jojo's new DVD is to hand technique this DVD is to foot technique. Matt has a good way of explaining things and has obviously thoroughly studied his ideas and is really passionate about them. He is brilliant at selling the idea but, unlike some DVDs that spend a lot of time selling and idea and then barely giving it to you he really lays it out well with perfectly constructed exercises, practice advice and even tempo and time advice. To boot he really is a nice guy. i wish more DVDs were this thorough. there is a great troubleshooting section and a frequently asked questions section as well. why can't more instruction DVDs follow this format?
i'm afraid my bass technique is all about burying the beater at the moment.i even using it as a stabiliser between strokes. I know that this DVD plus 6 months of regular work with it will change my drumming totally and push me through the ceiling my current technique has put over my progress. There is even a wordof encouragement for me from matt in the FAQ section.
Matt Ritter may not have the fame of Jojo or Steve smith but his DVD speaks volumes for itself and is as precious in my collection of DVDs now as any big name drummer's. All that's left to say is thanks Matt you deserve any and every success from this DVD.
j

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw