Thread: NIN Ghosts I-IV
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Default NIN Ghosts I-IV

Who else heard the news and has downloaded the newest NIN release? It was released on the second to everybody's surprise and I downloaded the 600Mb FLAC files last night. It's also available as an Apple Lossless and .MP3 as download and it's $5 for the bare-bones 36-track release. The first part of the album (Ghosts I) is available as a free 82Mb download from the NIN website. www.NIN.com

I've been listening to it since I got home from college today and it's shockingly brilliant. Reznor has gone completely instrumental here and is creating the most fantastic soundscapes and atmospheres on some tracks, whilst violently juxtaposing with grinding Industrial malaise. Brian Viglione (of Dresden Dolls fame) plays on some of the tracks and his playing is powerful and moving. Apparently Adrian Belew (of King Crimson fame) has also collaborated on here, which makes it all the more interesting for me as a KC fan.

This is a highly recommended release for ANYONE. It covers just about every area of modern tastes that can be catered for and it's addictive.

EDIT: Track 14 is a standout for me. A Sitar solo!

Last edited by Mediocrefunkybeat; 03-05-2008 at 05:43 PM.