View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Gregg Bissonette

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretschgal1 View Post
Greg's got great time, too.
I'm told that when called on to sit in for Simon on tour, Greg learned the set and just went out and did it. He stayed as true to Jeff's grooves as he could-outta respect for Jeff.
I've heard THREE different drummers play "Jake to the Bone". Jeff, Greg and Simon. Greg's version is, by far, the closer one to the original, but they each put their own stamp on that tune. I, being a beginner after so long of NOT playing, would fall apart on tha ttune.

ps: You don't back TOTO or gig with Maynard and NOT have your stuff together. Greg does! He's amazing. Somebody said they've seen him behind Pearls. Last I checked, he was playing MAPEX.
Gregg has always been into writing out little chart guides to get through a big group of songs. But at the same time I am sure he was very familiar w/Jeff's work already.
Plus Gregg has the feel need to be asked to play what Jeff did in the first place.

Gregg was w/Yamaha w/Maynard and the first DLR cd. He went to Pearl in 1987 till about 94. Then went to Slingerland for a short period and has been w/Mapex for 10-11 years.

Mikey B
IM me on MSN @ mikeybbdrummin@hotmail.com
OR Email me @ mikeybbdrummin@yahoo.com