View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 03:32 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Pat Petrillo here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P View Post
Mr. Petrillo, I just wanted to thank you directly for your amazing DVD/Book package. It has really opened new doors in my playing! Specifically, I felt like I was stuck on specific patterns in my playing, like the same figures kept appearing over and over again - that is, until I discovered your book and DVD! The different grooves have especially helped me get out of the ever-recurring rut I found myself in. Also, I LOVE the fill concepts you present in the fills section, and have been trying to integrate them into my playing. So again, thank you for all the help and encouragement you have provided me! I look forward to devouring any other educational material you might put on the market :)

PS. I almost forgot! I wanted to ask you what kind of heads, resonant and batter, you had on your toms in the DVD?
Hey, Joe (great name for a song : )

Man, thanks very much, and I am so glad you dig "H,G&F". It's for guys like you that I created this package, to open new doors, and show some new ways of phrasing grooves, creating fills, and developing hand coordination

As for the heads, they are Remo Clear Emperors on top and Clear Dips on the bottom.
I usually use Pinstripes or Emperors.

Stay encouraged! Also, please vote for "Hands, Grooves, & Fills" in the Modern Drummer Readers Poll under Method Book!

Thanks

Pat