Thread: Carter Beauford
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Carter Beauford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fett2oo5 View Post
For setups I have noticed that he definately changes some of his cymbals for every tour (which would be every year). That guy looking for his Hi-Hats this past tour he was using 13.25 Hybrids.
As for trying to find most up to date setups I wouldn't trust the "Brands" website as I am sure they will say "such and such artist uses all this gear from us" when in reality they might have purchased it from this brand but they arent for sure using it.

I have found that the most up to date and accurate (to the tours) listing of what he uses can be found at the dmband.com

But don't think that that list is 100% accurate either as I have seen him change things from show to show (this last summer they played twice here and he made a few changes the second night) It's also cool to see drummers with endorsments using prototypes. For instance we saw him trying those new EFX cymbals from Zildjian before they came out, and nothing like a live performance to hear how they sound.
Carter indeed does switch cymbals every tour, sometimes every night.

The 2007 Tour, he actually used 13" K Custom Darks, and 13" Armands for hats. The 2006 Tour is when he used the 13" Hybrids and 13" K Custom/Z combo.

His new left side china switched between a 19" K Hybrid, 19"K, and 18" Oriental Classic alot during the tour. Eventually, it settled to the 18" Oriental Classic.

He did in fact have that EFX before it came out which was awesome! During the 05 Tour, he was testing out the ZHT EFX before Zildjian introduced it, and it looked exactly like a Sabian Ozone. Carter is my fav. drummer ever!

Justin, aka "BeaufordBuddy", has the best site for Carter's current kit. Beaufordbuddy.com is the website. He is now in charge of updating the kit diagram on the main DMB page.

And, in case you haven't seen it, check out my kit for my Carter replica kit!