Thread: copyright?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: copyright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBreath View Post
Wow, this is really getting ridiculous. I do understand that a website can write and enforce rules any way that they want, but maybe they could be a bit more clear about it up front? My advice would be to write to MySpace customer service, explain that it was an honest mistake, and ask if they could please reinstate your uploading privileges. There's not much more than that you can do. (I don't have a MySpace account so I'm assuming that this rule is not clearly explained)
you know, from what i've read about their rules - ok - they were right, there was something written there about covering songs. so yes, i've made a mistake and i'm fully aware of it.
i just think, that general copyright laws, are getting sicker with time. personally if i would be a famous artist, i wouldn't mind if people would creatively use the loops from my songs, or even the whole melodies, unless they labeled them as their own - that's not fair. when i loop a song, i always place the name of the composer or at least artist who played it, just to be honest.
now i realise there is a written law, which i've broken, but come on, should everything on this world become so formalized? i wouldn't be surprised if they'll eventually come up with a law, which will require us to get a permission (or buy!) for using names of famous people in private conversations...

i'm definitely FOR 'copyleft' policy, it seems the most sensible way of dealing with the problem.