View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 10:11 PM

Default Re: iTunes Store Question

You can, but it's a bit of a convoluted process...

First, you have to convert all of your itunes downloads, (and the song you rip from cd), to MP3.. To do this, Start Itunes, Click -Edit- on your Itunes menu bar, select -Preferences-, select the -Advanced- tab, then select the -Importing- tab. You will see a window that says -Import Using- and you can select from a few different files types to import as, for this you would select the MP3 option. Save and close the preferences window and you are back at your library.

From here on out you can right click on any song in your library and select -Convert to MP3- Once that is done, you can manually copy the MP3's to another directory for later use, or directly into your MP3 player using Windows Explorer..

HOWEVER!!! When you convert your files, you will lose some of the sound quality.. I prefer to use Apple Lossless so that I get all of the nuance and hi-fidelity of the song.. It doesn't make much of a difference on an Ipod, but on a large sound system it can..

It's too bad that Itunes will not recognize other audio players.. I've heard that it can, but it has never worked for me..

I got a free 80GB Ipod classic when I changed my cell phone service.. so now it no longer matters LOL

Hope this helps...

Last edited by danander11; 01-11-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spillin... shpelllin...spelin...... uh... I can't type this morning