View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 04:43 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Show Off Your DW Kit

...swiNg

My 6500 hihat stand is one of the older, first generation style ones. DW has changed the way the footboard and the legs are mounted on their newer ones, so I can not say how they are for feel. This one that I have is very sturdy, and has a really good feel to it. I switched the hinge for one of those delta bearing types, but I have not noticed a significant difference. I usually use this stand with the el sabor hats which are pretty heavy, and the stand holds up very well. One complaint that I do have about this stand is that it does wobble a bit, probably due to the way the legs and foot board sit. I am not a real heavy hitter, so this stand is more than sturdy enough for me. If a person was to really pound on it, I don't know how it would hold up, still, I would strongly recomend it to anyone looking for a good quality, lightweight sturdy hi hat stand.

Here is a drivers seat view of the kit, and the stand.

You can see the cannister throne, of which I swapped the original seat for a roc n soc.

This holds all of the 6000 series hardware, with room to spare, and is almost as comfortable as my couch.

If you do decide to pick one up, or try one out, let me know what you think of it.

Barry