Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescrusher View Post
Not wanting to appear a fanboy (God no), but from what i've learned of his history, he pulled himself up out of a life of emptying dustbins by woodshedding as hard as many other world famous drummer. It's because he practised his craft that he got to a standard higher than 'pretty good', and through talent more than luck joined Blink One Hundred and Eighty-two band (of course turning out to be by far the most talented member)

Don't get me wrong, the music he makes is on the whole boring and repetitive to me, but through the direction of a teacher, I got a chance to break down some of his licks and aspects of his playing, and saw that they require great amounts of speed, stamina and technique to pull off. Don't underestimate his ability as a drummer because of the music he makes.
I wasn't criticising him bro; just making the point that anyone who is in a band that huge is extremely lucky, sadly musical talent seems to have no proportionate relation to musical success. Not that TB or Blink weren't talented guys, BUT we all know musicians who blow our minds, but don't achieve popular success.