View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: So whats everybody hoping for this Christmas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationDrumming View Post
Hey man, I did that three years ago and never looked back. Yes, it's unnerving not knowing where the next mortgage payment is coming from and yes, it can be stressful but you can get so much more personally and financially from working on your own. Do a good job and they'll be back for lots more.

Best of luck in the New Year
Kevin
Thanks. Honestly, wondering where the next mortgage payment was coming from was a worry before as well. That's because the guy I was working with wasn't very proactive about finding work. He waited for it to fall in his lap. There were many times this past year when I found myself not working at the last minute. He also didn't like to work full days. We averaged five to six hours of work a day at most this year. This past week I've been averaging nine hours a day on a new job for a couple remodeling their home. They are very happy with the work I've been doing. I'm supposed to finish up another job over the weekend- one that I had done with my boss, but the home owners called and said they wanted me to come finish it alone. I like staying busy like this. You never know when those rainy days will come.