Thread: Jeff Porcaro
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Jeff Porcaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAKA View Post
Tim,

Buttlefishin' is such a great track, isn't it!?

My all-time favorite for hats is Lady Love Me (One More Time) by George Benson. Again, one handed sixteenths!

A few more I highly recommend...

Lonely Talk, Michael McDonald
Any Foolish Thing, Michael McDonald (Best shuffle in my opinion)
Point It Up, Larry Carlton (The groove at 3':44" in is to die for!)

Alexdrum,

All Dressed up is really growing on me at the moment. Wrong Side Of The Tracks is awesome. I love the break in the middle of the song, that trademark opening of the hi-hat followed by a nice triplet roll on the snare! =)
Cheers guys, thatll be a couple more hours on amazon then! I didnt even know he played on a Benson album, ill look that one up. Is it older or newer than 'give me the night'?

Alexdrum: What kind of genre is Bill Champlin? Ill check that out

Totally agree with you on 'any foolish thing' thats always been my favourite shuffle groove of his, more so than rosanna. It is more simple and just flows nicely I think.

Any one know where I can get 'All dressed up' from? Amazon uk dont have it and amazon us have it only second hand and not international shipping....

As for the America album, ive never heard it but JRs hats are normally quite distinctive 'light' sounding... Although I still cant decide who plays which songs on Madonnas 'like a prayer', which they both play on too....V annoying when they dont list track credits!

Tim