View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Gilberto Moreaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummercam View Post
I myself live in Vancouver and go to Capilano College for the jazz studies program there. Every Wednesday for the past few weeks now more and more of us from school have been turning out to see his group Zapato Negro play. The trio version of this band plays every week at a mexican restaurant by the name of Zocalos. I strongly urge all drummers within the local vicinity to make an effort to check out this genious. There isn't even a cover charge at this restaurant... nothing but fine music and a crowd full awe-struck admirers.

Yes whenever my own personal schedule allows i'm there drummercan to hear the master at work with the trio featuring my good friend and long time musical comrade Al the bass player in this group. I think you and your buddies were there a couple of weeks back in the center table when I was hanging out with some old friends and the band well checking out the show. That solo Gilberto played on the "Seven Steps to Heaven" at the end of the night was a real trip,he just keeps sounding better every time I hear him.

Great opportunity not to be missed agreed considering no cover and the serious level of quality of the music going on and Gilberto is so funny and always a joy to hang out with and of coarse HEAR!.

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan