View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: avenged sevenfold debate

Sorry for bumping this thread. But I myself am a fan of Avenged Sevenfold. Have been since their first album Sounding The Seventh Trumpet, which is the album their hardest music they've done is on. I personally like the new music, it's "different" I guess you could say. I'm more of a fan of their first two album where they were more of a "metalcore" band, which the alternate screaming and singing. My favorite song they've ever done off of any of the albums is "Chapter Four" off of Waking The Fallen. Probably one of the only real "metal" song they've put out. I'll admit, while I really like them and they are my favorite band, they are more Nu-metal than actual metal.

The thing is, I listen to grindcore/death metal music more than anything. Bands like Dance Club Massacre, Suicide Silence, Abigail Williams, My Bitter End, Heaven Shall Burn, The Devil Wears Prada, Despised Icon, See You Next Tuesday, Parkway Drive, and etc... Most people find it weird that my favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold, but keep in mind, their first and heaviest album is what got me into them. The main reason I kept liking them is probably since I've been a fan for so long that it's just hard to give up on a band that quick. I really like the new album more than I did City Of Evil. Not sure why, I guess because it's different and on City Of Evil, I felt like they over did the guitar on some songs. While I still like it COE, it's still my least favorite album of theirs.