View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: A Tiny Confession

Just watched the clips. He seemed fine to me. I mean how is a drummer SUPPOSED to play that kind of music (pop/rock)? As to their looks. It sells. Drummers don't have to worry so much but I think there's something to be said about the frontman/woman needing a certain amount of charisma and looks. It sells records. Whenever I auditon for bands I always scrutinize the person who fronts the group. Is he or she got charisma? Will they engage an audience? They have to be good musicians, of course but a combination of looks and personality certainly helps.

As far as feeling weird being ga-ga over a rockstar. Don't. I have a friend who's nearing 50 and whenever the subject of the Monkees is brought up she turns into a babbling teenager and goes on and on about (frigging) Davey Jones! I'm the same way when it comes to Julianna Hatfield and the Breeders-era Deal sisters. Crushes are meant to be silly and fun. Oh god, did I just say that?! I need to go drink whiskey and shoot some guns. I'm sounding like a chick!

---LG