View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ironwood drum set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I have radically restructured the set. I have been looking to shake up the set, as I think it's good to do that every few years at least. I have always liked the look of flat drums and low cymbals. This way of playing is taking some adjustment, but it not inherently any harder or easier than playing with angled drums, just different. I took a two-way level to the drums to make sure they are perfectly level.

I'd like comments on the appearance of the set. I have relatively few stands, as I like an uncluttered floor, but I use a lot of Dog Bones and Puppy Bones to pile all the cymbals on, so I have more hardware higher up. I have the same complement of cymbals as before, with the addition of a six-inch LP ice bell between the ride and 8-inch splash.

The photos were at the end of the third page so I am reposting them here.

Ozzy, you are right in that it is taking some adjustment. If it winds up being too much to cope with, I will go back to angling them. One of the reasons I'm doing this is to shake up my approach to the drum set - people will strip down to a four-piece, for example, or rearrange their cymbals.