Thread: BREAKING STICKS
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Breaking sticks left and right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahznightsky
I've totaled three pairs of sticks so far on my new drumset since I got it, probably around two months back. Is that too often? I use vic firth 5B's, and I'm thinking I've trying Vater to see if they're more durable ... either their 5B or the Josh Freese signature

what do you think? Am I breaking (they don't actually break, they just fray and split to impossible-to-play degrees) these things too often and I should try tougher sticks? I know there was a thread a while back about vic firth losing quality and stuff ....

My sticks
I'm a kit player, but was playing percussion for a group a while back with a killin' drummer. This kid frayed his sticks exactly like it sounds you do. He had great technique and all that, I noticed that the fray originated where he struck the hi-hat. It was just how he played, but he went through a pair of sticks a week and is to this day one of the greatest drummers I have ever seen, or played with. I agree, it's better to break the sticks than your drums/cymbals. Just try to get an endorsement ASAP.

Keep Rockin'