View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Attendance at gigs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da cheese walks View Post
Man,
you get the same 15 people at your show??well ill be honest its a hell of a lot better than getting hundreds of drunk, disinterested emo kids who basically stand around gawking at you....the faces always change, but the lip rings and pink hoody tops stay the same...the same disinterest, and the muffled clap at the end of a crazy performance...or the absolute silence when we announced at one gig : "this is from the one and only, Frank Zappa"....

Its disheartening, but man someday a band will find its niche if it stays at what it does....

i hope someday my band wont still be playin in front of lots of gimpy teenagers thinking "wheres the screaming?","whys that guy not using double bass?","whos Frank Zappa?"....

*shudder*
im with you my friend every single band around where i live is all double bass,screaming and gangs of pasty little emo poser smoking and touching one another.and the worst part about it is half of them are poser drummers who play the same blast beat evey song and dont know anything about drumming trying to convince me joey jordinson is better than Jonh bonham ohh i hate them.anyway if you want to get a larger attendance you just got to get your name out there and play bigger venues with lots of other bands that way you get all the flowover from the other bands also advertising at school is good and free good luck