View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosuggestion View Post
Congratulations to the Bokke. The right result without question, although still proud of the spirit shown by the England side.

To clarify, Ozzy Biz, my earlier post was an attempt at humour - had hoped the tone was too outrageous to be taken seriously - and if it was taken any other way then a) I apologise, and b) the balance and intelligence of your responses is even more appreciated and respected.

In seriousness, I do agree with you (although our food isnít actually that bad, honest) and think the Stellenbosch laws would on the whole be better for rugby, particularly in regard to the restrictions on kicking, although obviously not for us in the short term. Has anyone actually managed to see any of the games in which the laws were employed?
Ok, my bad then... I'm a bit stressed out because of my exams (starting tomorrow) and I have a bad feeling I'll be doing one subject again next year...

I watched several of the Mazda Australian Rugby Championship games where the Stellenbosch laws where implemented. I think it does wonders for the game, really opens things up creating exciting, expansive rugby that is great to watch and a little easier to follow for the general public. The rucks and mauls are incredibly fierce as its basically open slather for any player on their feet who enters 'through the gate'. Its the sort of stuff Schaulk Burger and George Smith would just eat up for breakfast. I am seriously looking forward to it being implemented at Super-14, Tri-Nations and then worldwide. I'm not sure, but you may be able to watch some highlights from the season on youtube or somewhere on the abc.com.au site (they stremed all the games on their site as well as pled on normal free-to air tv)