Thread: Tomahawk
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tomahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
"Mr. Bungle is a dizzying, disconcerting, schizophrenic tour through just about any rock style the group can think of, hopping from genre to genre without any apparent rhyme or reason, and sometimes doing so several times in the same song."
Hah! That's exactly what I LOVE about it. I also think it works so beautifully and is nearly seamless in arrangement. It pleases my mind so much. A lot of times when I hear music in my head, there is a lot going on. I just can't translate what I hear in my head into what I write and record. In fact, the music I put out is so different from what is in my head it kind of annoys me. I have a lot of respect for Patton for being able to translate his ideas so vividly. Listening to Bungle is definitely an adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
How do you guys rate the self-titled release?
I think it is by far my favorite. It was the first album I ever heard from them. I remember it pretty clearly. I was fifteen, and was over at this girl's place out in the country. She had a couple of girls over and we were hanging out in this finished shed behind the house. Well, we had all dropped acid and decided to play a game of Marco Polo in the dark in the shed, with a cassette version of the aforementioned album blasting away. Man... that was a lot of fun. The girl in question later gave me a cassette copy that I still have it to this day.

I only have Califonia on CD now, but I want the others on CD as well. I'd love to have the demos. I can only imagine. I always wondered how they pulled it off live.

In contrast, my wife loves Tomahawk (minus some of the high pitched squeals from the gadget table), though she is not too into Bungle and really dislikes Fantomas. I bet she'd like Peeping Tom. I have really coached her a long way into good music. I'm not going to force her too far. I'm happy I've gotten her listening to what she does, instead of NSYNC and Linkin Park which is all she listened to when we met.

----

Regarding the Patton / Keidis fued...

I just read that on Wiki and laughed so hard. I really like some RHCP. Californication lost it for me and I haven't returned. Maybe one day. I think it's a pitty to spite Bungle like that. I mean honestly, over a simple album title? It's not like either one of them invented California. So many songs and album titles (and band names for that matter) out there that are very similar. So what. It's bound to happen.

I would have loved to have seen that Halloween show. Hah! Bungle is worlds apart from RHCP. Perhaps the square root of a parallel universe.

Last edited by SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ; 10-19-2007 at 11:39 PM.