Thread: Tomahawk
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tomahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ View Post
I actually didn't know it was his high school band. That really amazes me. That's what he was doing in high school! I do remember a mention that Bungle was before Faith No More, though Faith No More is what seemed to put him on the 'map'.
Yes Sleepy, they formed in 1985. Thier first demo was released in 1986 and a few followed after that. As we know.. Mr. Bungle has 3 full length albums, but the 1st (self-titled) still holds a dear place in my heart.

About the self-titled release... music critic Steve Huey (its impossible to please this dude) said.. "Mr. Bungle is a dizzying, disconcerting, schizophrenic tour through just about any rock style the group can think of, hopping from genre to genre without any apparent rhyme or reason, and sometimes doing so several times in the same song."

Now if thats not a compliment for Bungle.. I don't know what is.. lol. Check out thier wikipedia page for some fun/sad facts and unusual quotes about thier style. ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_bungle

How do you guys rate the self-titled release?

Last edited by That Guy; 10-19-2007 at 03:42 PM.