View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Audiophile Recommendations - Home Sound System

I work at best buy, in the home theater department, no less...So maybe I can help.

First of all, best buy DOES carry audiofile gear at any magnolia home theater location. I would say, if you really want to hear some sweet speakers, check out either Vienna Acoustics or Definitive Technologies. My personal fav is the Vienna Acosutics Mozart series.

You could also check out some of the electrostatic speakers Martin Logan has, your best buy with magnolia home theater will have those (pricey though, somewhere around 2500 each)

For a rack system, I would look in to Pioneer Elite products or perhaps some of the upper level dennon stuff. Granted this isn't as good as Carver, B and K, or Macintosh, but reasonable priced and great sounding. Use al THX certified speaker cable and make sure you run equal amounts of speaker wire to each speaker to make sure the sound hits at the same time.Better yet, let the magnolia installers do it for you, they are freaking awesome. The training we have to go through for that is incredible.

Most importantly,. remember that your system is only as good as its weakest link. If you have a budget of 10,000 and you spend 8000 on speakers, and leave only 500 for a receiver, your system will sound like a 500 dollar system. Make sure you balance everything out. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions.