View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Audiophile Recommendations - Home Sound System

Have a think what you do most of...watch DVD's, play CD's, watch tellie? and build your system around your lifestyle rather than technical qualities. It's a bit like drum gear listen to lots and choose what you like the sound of. cnw is right, independants have the time to let you listen to each component. Narrow your options down based on what you like the sound of and can afford....not what some geek says is the right thing to have this year. When I bought my system I had chosen everything except for the speakers Bose or KEF? The independent I bought from set up 2 identical systems one with Bose speakers and one with KEF which made the decision easier.

I have a surround sound system with a Pioneer DV737 DVD player, DVD's are near perfect and because it plays CD's nearly as good as a CD player I haven't got a CD player, I have a Yamaha RX-v800 RDS surround sound receiver pumping out 100w per channel x6, I use Bose Acoustimass 15 speakers (Tried KEF but the Bose sound was clearer) and a Benq projector (can't see the model because it's on the ceiling).

Most of all enjoy
Kevin