View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

I agree, it looks like all-south semis. But I wouldn't write the French off just yet. The AB's have looked spectacular so far, but their sternest test was probably Scotland (who have just dropped to 11th in the IRB rankings). France must be battle-hardened after qualifying from the pool of death. And to be honest, since losing to the Pumas in the opening game, they have looked stronger and stronger. The AB's must still be firm favourites, but France are certainly worth a little flutter at the bookies.

I missed the Fiji Wales game and it sounds like I missed a cracker. Not sure our guys would prefer to play Fiji in the quarters. After playing both Tonga and Samoa in the pool games, they know just how much a game against the islanders takes out of you. And hurts.

If Luaki was cited for going in with a swinging arm on his opponent's head (that's the only Luaki incident I saw) then he deserves it. That was almost a sucker-punch. Has anything been said about citing the Georgian player who spear tackled the French flanker (Remy Martin, I think it was)? That was a disgusting tackle.