View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

I've been away for the weekend, got some catching up to do. (As for that Geelong AFL victory I mentioned, they won by over 100 points...)

Yeah... go Fiji. The Boks will be quietly happy with that result too, I dare say.

RSA 64 - USA 15
Argentina 30 - Ireland 15
NZ 85 - Romania 8
France 64 - Georgia 7

Ireland and Wales prematurely eliminated before the quarters.

Welsh coach Gareth Jenkins now needs a new job, while Irish coach Eddie O'Sullivan will stay for the remainder of his contract.

Sione Lauaki has been cited for an alleged dangerous tackle during the Pool C victory over Romania in Toulouse

Wallabies powerhouse umber 8 David Lyons' world cup campaign is over, after fracturing his fibula against canada.

The wallabies 'second string' side have, according to the statisticians, played the first game of any rugby union side with a perfect 100% efficiency in their tackling; not a single missed tackle. If anyone saw that game it was pretty scrappy at best, but the tackling was great. Hugh McMenniman is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

So next weeks games for the quarters are:

Australia vs. England
New Zealand vs. France
South Africa vs. Fiji
Argentina vs. Scotland

If I was a betitng man (or really, if I could afford to wager money while at uni), I'd be betting on an entirely Southern Hemisphere Semi Final. Although just quietly, i'd love for France to get up over the All Black juggernaught. It feels like the outcome of the RSA/Fiji and Pumas/Scots games are already set in stone, and I certainly would not be putting any money on england.