Thread: Carter Beauford
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Carter Beauford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jones View Post
I love Carter Beauford, but it seems that when ever he solo's he ALWAYS falls back on the four stroke roll, i.e. RLRL on the snare then RLRL on the tom (i guess it'd be LRLR for him though!) or some variation. Look at the ending of Ants Marching, the ending of Two Step (live at least, and in this circumstance it fits perfectly with the pattern being played by the band). Obviously that pattern is not even close to all he plays, but it just seems like a fall back for him, something very easy for him to play without having to constantly be creative. Not that he isn't creative, I mean his ride/hi-hat/snare interaction stuff is AWESOME, I just wish he would stretch out a bit more. But then again he's a millionaire and I'm living with my parents, so what do I know! :)
Yeah, if i had a choice between playing that Billy Cobham lick every night or living with the rents, you'd know where i'd be =P

I've been listening and playing carter's stuff for about 11 years now, he totally changed and reshaped my playing style, and that lick is one that for me, and i'm sure for him, is a BLAST to play! That has to be why he does it so much. Trust me, take that lick all the way down your toms sometime, you'll be grinning ear-to-ear!

Oh wow, gotta check the dates on these posts! Sorry!

Last edited by dagurasu; 09-18-2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: I brought up an old post