View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by katman View Post
Ozzy, your permutations sound just about right. Except I'm not 100% convinced the Aussies will take the AB's in the semis. It will be a huge game though. I'm kind of hoping for/expecting a NZ - SA final. But a lot can happen before then.

Our game against England on Friday is BIG. I don't think the Boks are underestimating this English side at all. They might have stuttered a bit against the USA but they're quality and they have depth. Olly Barkly looked the part too. And well done to him for getting up after that disgusting spear tackle.

Speaking of terrible tackles - did anyone see Brian Lima's late shoulder charge on Andre Pretorius? He's been getting away with it for almost 2 decades now and everyone just seems to accept it as his "chiropractor" trademark. He should have been yellow or red carded. And he probably would have if he hadn't concussed himself in the process and gone off.

Predictions for top-try scorer of the tournament? I'd say it will be between Howlett and Habana. Three of Habanas four tries were completely self-crafted with unreal stepping and speed. I guess he will be a marked man in the big games.
Hey,I said that was what i was hoping for, not that it was guaranteed.

As for Lima, yeah, I saw that! Wowsers, I would not want to be on the receiving end of one of those. Actually, for that matter, I also would not want to be in between the Samoan #8 and the try line. Did you see the hit up where Schalk Burger and your #8 tackled him simultaneously & standing next to each other? Wow, that was huge. He would have got through had your 8 not managed to get a hold of one of his legs after he had been bounced off from the tackle. To bump Burger and another man of his size, stature and quality is no mean feat, even by Lomu standards (dare I say. He could probably do it, but it still would not be easy)

BIIIIIIIG hitting game, that one. I loved every minute...