Thread: Thomas Lang
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Thomas lang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
A couple of cool ideas on a video, but sitting down behind a drum set for long enough will do that anyways. I'm just saying having him sit down and play drum beats wasn't exactly what I'd look for in an educational DVD. Listing and playing music is already a great way to develop groove and feel, and I manage enough of that to be satisfied. In terms of technique I found he didn't talk much about grip/concepts/his approaches to things, whereas Lang did, and therefore I found Lang's DVD much better as an educational tool.

That isn't to say that his DVD isn't helpful. I just didn't seem to get a lot out of it, but then again we drummers can and should learn from EVERYTHING we see/hear.

Those are valid points, but I believe his reasons for doing his latest DVD were to just focus on the feet and foot coordination. It wasn't a generalized "This DVD will you an all-around better drummer" DVD, it's meant to just improve your feet and the coordination of your feet with your hands. I believe he did an excellent drop in doing so.