View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by katman View Post
Yes, tic-toc-tic-toc.... it is almost upon us.

I see Wilko is out for the first game, and possibly the second (against SA) as well. Ankle ligament damage in training. That's a bit of a blow. Who will replace him? Olly Barkley?
Yep, Ollie is indeed replacing him. They showed on the news yesterday all of the injuries that Wilkinson's had since the last World Cup and I don't think there was a single part of his body that didn't have a little square around it to show where there had been one! Either way, Ollie is a very capable player and actually I prefer him in attack to Wilkinson, although Wilkinson in defence is something to be very weary of. The thing about Wilkinson is that he keeps the scoreboard ticking over; it's never static for more than a few minutes when he's on the pitch. He would score any penalty, drop-kick it etc and just keep the board moving, which is what England have lacked. He's a great player, just far too injury-prone.

We can do great without him though. We've got a good side of individuals, we just need to gel...