View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by katman View Post
I really like the look of this Beale guy. The bit that I saw of him in the Super14 was impressive. And only 19 years old. Mind you, Fancois Steyn is also only 19 and is going to play a big part in our World Cup campaign. Is Beale going along as Larkham's understudy? And how come Cameron Shepard didn't make the Wallaby squad?
If I remember correctly, Cam Shepard has some sort of niggling injury. I think he's in the shadow squad with Beale. Berrick Barnes is reserve flyhalf and Beale is the shadow.

I'm very happy with the Wallabies squad at the moment. Latham, Palu & Lyons are all back from injury. There are young guys like Beale and Berrick Barnes who are in trmendous form, and the old faithful line-up of Gregan, Larkham, Giteau, Mortlock, Latham, Tuquiri is still there and strong.
Sharpe won the John Eales medal for 2007, and Vickerman is playing well too. Chism is back in the squad, and even Cockbain has made it back (I think, he's at least in the shadow squad). The last Wallabies (not A) game he played was the '03 world cup final.
Even with all our old players back or still playing, our squad has an average age of 26 or 27. Not bad considering you've got guys like gregan who's 34/35 and no one under 21 in the main squad.

By the way, if anyone wants to get on a RWC Dream Team league go to:
http://rwc2.sportal.virtualsports.com.au/
Create a team and enter 697402 as the league code. I was going to name it, but forgot so its some "Public League 62432363..." or something. No biggie.