View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Derek Roddy playing some killer grooves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Roddy View Post
I know George and have seen him play many times (over 10) I have NEVER seen him play single stroke DB over 255 in a playing situation.... To this day. Yes there are some NILE tunes that are in the 265 range but like all of us...his feet float just a little. Besides, this is another case of putting words in my mouth. I said, on my forum... that at the TIME, nobody was playing over 255 or 260. Are drummers such as George getting closer? Yes they are but... I STILL haven't seen a drummer play 16th note singles over 255 in a PLAYING situation.

D.
Derek:

What do you make of this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=CVo7qxDhgoM

I somewhat trust Batdorf, but one can never tell. It doesn't seem like he's floating, but I really don't know what to make of this. Do you think he's actually going 290? I personally believe he''s going about 260 and is floating. I'm not sure though.

I'd also like to take the time to tell you how much I admire your drumming skills. You should be proud of your ability to play so well.

Thank you.

- Marc