Thread: Tommy Aldridge
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Tommy Aldridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybbdrummin View Post
Yes I have. In 1991. I was 22. I had been playing for 4 years at that point. He was great. Everyone was blown away. The most interesting thing about it was a kid in the audience (about 11 years old) asked Tommy (cant remember word for word) why he cant or doesnt play like Neil Peart. And I believe why he doesnt play alot of percussion. Tommy went on to say that Neil was not a percussion played like Alex Acuna. And then said, Gregg Bissonette is not John Bonham. Gregg's my favorite drummer and I had a lesson w/him that day, and at first I thought he was ragging on Gregg. Then I realized, he was saying that everyone has something to offer and because one doesnt play like another does not make that drummer a bad drummer. Anyway, alot of great hand/foot patterns and just great hard rock drumming.
Do what you can to make it to the clinic.
I am going to try my hardest to make it there. I've never been to a clinic before. I've always wanted to go to one, but never can make it since I basically live in between Oklahoma City and Dallas, Tx. But ya, I checked out some of the albums he's drummed on and read your post. It should be great. I'd like to be able to sit down and play and have him critique :)....but I doubt that will happen. Thanks for the post.