Thread: Neil Peart
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Neil Peart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumba_Zumba View Post
. Anyone can sit there and copy it and say, "big deal". But try to invent something like what he has.
PLEASE READ IN FULL!
Absolutely true. And very over looked. I have thought this about Neil when people rag on him. People like to rag on him for what he CAN'T play that others can. So he may be stiff when he plays jazz. He tries. Or is not an independence wizard like, Lang, Bozzio, or Donati. He's not trying to be. Or trying to be Weckle, Colaiuta or Chambers. Thats like not liking a baseball catcher cause he cant pitch like the pitcher. News flash; He's not a pitcher he's a catcher. So WHY does Neil have to play like everyone else? And for Harley G; Listen to some RUSH cd's and dont Judge by a solo. That goes for Portnoy as well. Portnoy is one of the odd time masters.
One thing I know is, inventing a part that sticks is whats important. Think about this carefully;If any drummer walks into a drum shop and takes ONE, not two but One stick and plays the intro to "YYZ" with the bell of ONE cymbal not a whole drum kit, but one cymbal, EVERYONE will know EXACTLY what it is. No other drummer has ever done that. End of Story!

Mikey B
IM me on MSN @ mikeybbdrummin@hotmail.com
OR Email me @ mikeybbdrummin@yahoo.com

Last edited by mikeybbdrummin; 08-02-2007 at 11:42 PM.