Thread: Ludwig Fan Club
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Ludwig Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusstickinaround View Post
I noticed you have your tom mounted on the kick with a Ludwig double tom arm. I use the same, but I changed the tom mount because I got tired of having to use a wrench. Do you have the original tool that loosens and tightens the nut on the mount? Nice kit, bet it sounds fantastic.
Yes, I have a couple different style wrenchs, the type from the 60's & the one they replaced it with in the 70's.................

Thanks, I got this Outfit, well the Quadra Plus, without ever hearing Stainless and was totally blown away by it's sound. To be honest I prefer it's sound to my 3 or 6 ply Shells, although it is LOUD! When I first set it up last year and got the 18 tuned for the first time I was so impressed by the clarity & tone that I immediately went and grabbed some Timp Tom Mallets and just played the Floor Tom for well over an hour, probably grinning from ear to ear the whole time. I don't know what it is, but Stainless just seems to resonate in a way that's unique and hard to describe.......................

LVDC