View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Stanton Moore here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_f00 View Post
Anyway, I had a question regarding one of your tracks from All Kooked Out called "Stanton Hits The Bottle". I've always been very intrigued by this track, and I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about your part. Are you playing between the bottles and kit at the same time? If so, how do you set up those bottles, what kind of bottles do you use, and is there a sticking you apply to the bottles? I've noticed a pattern when you play strictly on the kit, but I couldn't quite discern if you carry that pattern to the bottles or not.
i'm no Stanton, but i think i might help :). from what i managed to hear is that the sticking on this tune is almost exactly the same one as in Sprung Monkey so LLRLRLRR, but without that first L if you know what i mean (there's a bass drum on 1, but the left hand starts to play on 1-and, other than in Sprung Monkey) so it's like: ...LRLRLRRLLRLRLRR...LRLRLRRLLRLRLRR and so on ;). right hand plays the backbeat on the snare.

i would say it's possible to play it with the bottles and the kit at the same time, without overdubbing :).

i'm not quite sure if i got it right, but hell, maybe it can help ya out at least a bit :).

EDIT darknessdude, it's in the modern one :)

Last edited by kacperivo; 07-17-2007 at 12:22 AM.