Thread: Ludwig Fan Club
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Ludwig Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwigvondrumcrazy View Post
Latz, shipping AND polish!?!? Wow, that Monster you have there is definitely a two quart job...................

Really it wouldn't be any more work than the two back to back Stainless Kit's I did, right down to the Lug Cup Washers, Flitzed & two coats of waxed each of those little buggers. If you figure that each Lug has two Cup Washers apiece, well, you get the picture......................

When I finished up with these two, the one in the front used to belong to Matt Chamberlain, I jumped on my Downbeat.
And the Hits just keep rollin' in...............

In addition to Kits & Snares I spent the first three months of this year working, primarily, Vintage Hardware, Stands, Pedals etc.........................

While this Gig is time consuming it sure is a good way to learn alot about this "stuff"

LVDC
LVDC, that MONSTER is only 1 of 5 Ludwig kits. Unfortunately, it is the one that needs cleaning the most. Too many lazy nights of throwing stuff in the roadcase and headin' down the road. It's amazing what just a little bit of moisture can damage and build up overnight.

One of the other kits is a Standard Ruby Strata I am restoring/customizing/upgrading. It actually came with "classic" lugs from the factory, so it's only a Standard by finish and tom mounts. Yeah! I wil post pics when I am finished. It will be one of a kind, that's for sure.

So ya thinik 2 quarts will do it, huh.................