View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Stanton Moore here

Stanton: I'll try to keep from too much brown-nosing.. but your drumming has definitely inspired me. Had I never listened to your playing, I would have never embraced the funk.. but most of all, I probably wouldn't have found my own place "between straight and swung", as you've put it. I also would have never really looked into Bosphorus ... but after hearing your cymbals, I had to check them out, and to date I have a complete setup of Bosphorus Trads and Masters.

Anyway, I had a question regarding one of your tracks from All Kooked Out called "Stanton Hits The Bottle". I've always been very intrigued by this track, and I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about your part. Are you playing between the bottles and kit at the same time? If so, how do you set up those bottles, what kind of bottles do you use, and is there a sticking you apply to the bottles? I've noticed a pattern when you play strictly on the kit, but I couldn't quite discern if you carry that pattern to the bottles or not.

Thanks so much in advance for any info, but thanks even more for providing everyone here at DW for some funky, inspirational drumming!