View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer View Post
What a match the SA AUS match was!! Australia really had that game in hand, but those Boks man.....whoever scored those drop kicks, unbelievable. Now I read that the Aussie Squad are accusing the front row of the Boks of illegal performance enhancers.

On another note, Canada was killed by the ABS. Don't know if ye gys care, but i'm a bit pissed off. 64-16 I think it was. Scored more against the ABS than other teams usually do and I didn't expect them to win, but more effort at least damnit!
Illegal performance enhancers? I seriously doubt they'd make such allegations. Where did you read this? They were probably speaking of "illegal" scrummaging technique, as they had before the match. These days there always seem to be issues raised pre and post games, hoping to influence referees. The SA scrum is a pretty solid unit and I guess people will try anything to gain some kind of advantage. If you want to see a monstrous tight-5 match-up, watch Saturday's game between the Boks and the All Blacks in Durban. Os du Randt packing down against Carl Hayman - now there are two man-mountains. Also, the Kiwis have drafted Anton Oliver back in at hooker, which means they are pretty serious about their scrum. Can't wait.