View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz View Post
Yeah, it was 2003 all over again...
Great game however. We played really well, especially in defence. South Africa were strong and unrelentful in attack the whole game. Katman, were you getting worried for a while when it was 10-19 our way and we seemed to be in control of the game? Hell, I was feeling pretty damn good until that guy came off the bench and kicked the best drop goal I've seen since Matt Dunning in the S12 a few years ago. Then decided to have another go and put the the South Africans up by 3 with a couple of minute to go.
Was I worried? Are you kidding me? I was soiling myself right until the end. I was standing behind the posts where the two drop goals went over - what an atmosphere! Awesome game. I thought Oz were brilliant in defense. Basically the whole first half they were just throwing themselves into tackles, and the 2 or 3 times they made it into our 22, they scored. When Giteau went over next to the posts - right in front of us - everyone went very, very quiet. Kind of sorry that one team had to lose.

I think we really missed a game-breaker like Habana. And losing the captain after 10 minutes didn't help much either. For Oz, I thought Tiquiri had a very ordinary game. And Huxley was fairly annonymous. George Smith was back to his best form at the breakdown, Giteau is sheer class and Dunning played as well as I've ever seen him play.

Ha ha - yes, I'd put Steyn's drop kicks right up there with Larkham's wobbly and Dunning's classic strike.

I think you guys should really fancy your chances against the Kiwis. If your forwards can play as confrontational and in-your-face as they did on Saturday, they're certainly in with a shout.