View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Gregg Bissonette

Those interested in hearing some of Gregg's work other then David Lee Roth or Joe Satriani should check out Guitar 9 Records. He has 4 clips to listen to w/Richie Kotzen from the album "Inter Galactic Fusion Experience". The first clip I can not find where 1 is for the life of me. Very cool stuff. Also w/Mark Motnik's "Bass Invaders". It has a cover of "YYZ". Or Deep Forrest (cd of the same name) is a Yngwesqe guitar duet. And Steve Fister "Shadow king". Instrumental rock.

He has also Jazz orienated work as well. Most can be heard at Amazon.com. Maynard Fergusons "Live from San Fransisco", Brandon Fields "The other side of the Story", Dan Ramsey "Gentle Giants", And David Benoit "Great composers of Jazz". Gregg was the only drummer on each project listed. Also on Bass Extremes (Steve Bailey/Victor Wooten) "Cookbook". There is other projects out there that Gregg has supplied the drums to as well as other drummers on the same project.
Being that Gregg has been my favorite drummer/influence for 20 years, I have always liked turning drummers on to Greggs other, less known work. Also another favorite, Rod Morgenstein, has work available from Guitar 9 Records.

Mikey B
IM me on MSN @ mikeybbdrummin@hotmail.com
OR Email me @ mikeybbdrummin@yahoo.com

Last edited by mikeybbdrummin; 05-16-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: add