View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Brian Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphinelli View Post
yo yo, bb fans,

go get yourself a copy of kenny werner's lawn chair society
excellent album! featuring some excellent, moving compositions and excellent bb playing. my new favorite kenny werner album.

btw, hoping to go see joshua redman, brian blade, and christian mcbride in a couple weeks. talk about an all-star trio!

-murph
I still can't decide on that one. Well, that's not entirely true. It's great. Of course some of the tracks are utterly amazing. 13th Day, Kothbiro...Uncovered Heart wow!! Beautiful and moving tribute to his daughter tragically killed in an accident :( What a sad, lonely but joyful song.

The thing is though, the electronic tracks that he played with on it are tragically bad! Awful even. Some of the sounds he plays with just sound wrong I thought. Apart from those though, I agree the album is incredible and Blade is funky, swinging and hip throughout.

I still dig Form and Fantasy, Beat Degeneration with Ari at the moment. Actually, Werner is my favourite musician at the moment. His trio albums are some of the best I've ever heard, bar none, and I've been looking for Unprotected Music with Baron but haven't been able to find it as of yet.