View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:00 AM

Default Re: DRUM INSTRUCTION DVD & BOOK REVIEWS

Hey guys. I saw a few clips of Weckl's "How to Develop Technique," and it has me wondering about my own hand technique. I wondering what books I can buy to help me develop my hands (grasp different techniques better: Moeller, wrist/finger control, etc.).

Alot of the book are pretty cheap on Amazon, so I'm thinking about getting 2 or 3. Right now I'm looking at Dom Famularo's "It's Your Move," and the supplementary book to Weckl's DVDs, "Exercises for Natural Playing."

In addition to those, I'm wondering about "Stick Control," by George L. Stone and versions 1 and 2 of Joe Morello's "Master Studies."

If anyone can comment on these books (and/or others) it would be helpful. What books would be the best for re-learning the basics of hand technique? I'm at the point now where I feel like I want to go 'back to basics' and really re-learn my technique. Clips of Weckl inspired me, so I'm wondering if I should attempt to follow his examples.

By the way, I currently play matched grip, and have for about 10 years (I'm only 18) but am thinking about working on traditional grip as well.

Thanks in advance.