View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Billy Ward here!

Billy, just taken up drums after a long time out and bug is as big as ever. Amazed with the amount of instruction and videos available on the web and just watched your dvd last night - I wish there had been such dvd's etc when I was younger!!
Anyway I know the dvd is full of great technical stuff, but it is so musical and explained in such an easy way it seems do-able - so it is a great inspiration....although the doing will have to come later! My left foot is saying NO WAY as I write!!
My question since you speak of feel, colour, and experimentation on different instruments and with different 'sticks' (and also since I cannot get an accoustic set at home due to noise) I wondered if you had ever played on an electronic kit and what your opinion of them is. It is not a question based on the fact that I think you would be able to programme the kit to produce weird and wonderful voices, it is just the opposite - the fact that you may not be able to use different parts of the drumhead and invent different sounds the way you do manually on an accoustic kit and build up these colours.
Thanks - all the best!