View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 06:11 PM
fourstringdrums

Default Re: HARDWARE DIY/MODS/REPAIRS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Tinkering with hardware is addictive. If you have the skill and inclination and a few more tools, I assure you, you'll be doing much more than just shortening cymbal arms. You already show good aptitude and resourcefulness in the improvised hihat holder.

Please do show us your new Gretsches when they come in. I get like a Pavlovian dog when I see a UPS truck, even if it's just next to me in traffic. I imagine it must have some cool drum stuff in there!

I checked out handidrummed.com and it's an inspiration. I was moved with the stories of people who drum despite missing limbs, nervous problems and joint conditions. It made me reflect on my own desire and commitment - if an accident or illness like that happened to me tomorrow (and it very well could), would I have the determination to find a way to keep playing drums somehow, some way? Your site should be required reading for all drummers, regardless of ability.

www.terrasonus.com
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I'm glad the site can help all drummers.

The Gretsch's didn't come. The seller used DHL and they quite frankly, suck. They lost a Pacific CX kit I ordered a few years ago. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it just arrived in the local facility this morning, so I'll have it monday hopefully. What I hate though is their tracking system is terrible. There are two tracking numbers, one of them still says it's in a transit facility in the next state, and the other tracking number which hasn't updated at all since he shipped it, now says it's in the local facility.

As long as they don't lose this one it'll be ok.

Last edited by fourstringdrums; 02-17-2007 at 10:41 PM.