Thread: John Bonham
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: JOHN BONHAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnhiggins
Bonham is a great drummer with a great career and who left an indelible mark on our instrument. Ocheltree is a great tech who has done a lot of excellent work in his chosen field. So if other people choose to talk about Jeff a lot... well... that's just fine. Or should I remind you of the fact that 80% of your posts appear to refence Bonham in some way?
People can talk about Jeff all they want. What people need to stop doing is crediting Jeff with Bonzo's entire career. Bonzo's drums sounded like cannons way before Jeff was ever around, so I don't see how Jeff did anything to help Bonzo's sound.

And what is "refence"? Is that a typo? Did you mean "reference"?

If you did, then yes, most of my posts pertain to John Bonham. Why? Because I know a great deal about the man. You don't see me talking about Peart all the time, do you? I wonder why? Because I know nothing about the man at all, and I don't really care either. I'm a fan of Led Zeppelin, and it's members, and I take great pride in the knowledge I have attained over the years. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I mean, I don't quite understand the point of your last sentence. Should I start talking about other drummers? Would that make your shoes fly off in a fit of joy? [I think I've used that here before ;)]