Thread: Vinnie Colaiuta
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Vinnie Colauita

Well first off sorry about my language in my last post, I shouldn't have done that. Sorry. Basically I didn't like what he had to say. From what he said about hating people asking him how he came up with this, and how do you do that. Calling most drummers today "lazy and non-musical" and that all anyone wants to see or hear is "razzle-dazzle". Yet he talks about himself as having an outlook on drumming that is "very visceral and conceptual and wide". I though he came across as narrow minded and self absorbed. Yes a lot of music today is the same ol' rehash of something that happened 20-30 years ago and is sterile as all hell, but if you don't like it then don't listen to the radio. I don't. I happen to think that there are a lot of crazy talented "musical drummers" out there that make me work harder and harder to be the best that I can. Some of them have forums on this website and they are more than happy to help you with questions about certain concepts and you never get a response like "figure it out for yourself" or "your going to get what you get out of it". For someone who is considered an "innovator" who is complaining about the state of drumming today he isn't doing very much to change the problems he sees other than to complain about it. Doesn't sound very innovative or original to me.