View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: What made you want to play drums more than anything?

For me, it was just hearing drums that got my attention. I've been into music for as long as I can remember...in diapers! My mom bought me my first "kid" drumset when I was seven and I haven't looked back 20 years later! I remember going to school dances and seeing bands, which made me want to drum even more. I still get crazy when I go to a concert and see a drummer play...or even go see a local cover band...it's still an inspiring feeling for me.

I joined my high school marching band when I was only in fourth grade, which at that time wasn't a common thing in my school. Usually you had to be in at least junior high to be in band, but I guess I became the first exception. Two years later, I became the head of our drum section...which was a blast! I stayed in high school band all the way up to my graduating year, and I also started playing in bands when I was 14.

I couldn't see myself doing anything else...drums is like breathing for me. It's like a drug to me: you get such a high off of it, and you can never get enough of it!

birch