View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 AM
X22

Default Re: Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

I agree totally. There are some more "serious" players that knock me for listening to Rush. I can't stand Neil Peart as a drummer, but I really like Rush. Only in rare instances will I buy a CD because of the drummer. At any rate, I think that in mentioning Britney and Co, you left out the original - Michael Jackson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
It's the whole package - the song has to work on all levels, not strictly because of the drumming, production, or lyrics. I really don't even think about lyrics, and so I have no objections to Britney Spears or Backstreet or n*Sync. Apart from the lyrics which clearly cater to young teens, a lot of those tracks really rock.
Hrrmmmm... Mamas & the Papas, The Fixx (huge fan), POD, Faith No More, Offspring, Alice Cooper, Simon & Garfunkel, Supertramp, Tower of Power, Aaron Copland, Candlebox, Blues Brothers, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Bonnie Raitt, Bob Marley, Frank Sinatra, America and Bread.

I'm pretty close.

Quote:
Who else has Fad Gadget, Percy Faith, Faith No More, The Fall, Fatboy Slim, Filter, Ella Fitzgerald, The Fixx, Fleetwood Mac, Flo & Eddie, Foo Fighters, Four Tops and Aretha Franklin together on one shelf? :)

Bermuda