Thread: Mac Vs PC
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Mac Vs PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Basically, as far as I see it, PC's have to have a fair amount extra in terms of specs to actually outperform like-for-like tasks (like startup and shutdown, especially startup) over their Mac counterparts. My iMac is working within twenty seconds of pressing the power button and when I say working, I don't mean the initial ten second Windows 'freeze' whilst it's bastardising your system, I mean actually being able to run it fully as if it had already been running for half an hour. Open programmes, anything. It just works.

And Murph, you've had no problems with your Dell Laptop, that's fine. You probably have a vague semblance of what you're actually doing with the security, and how not to get viruses. The simple fact of the matter is that if you put a 'naive' user on a Windows PC and a Mac, it's obvious who'll have most viruses and crashes the quickest.
I do see your point there MFB, BUT. If have the right systems and settings on your PC, then of course its going to open in 20 seconds. When I first got my computer as soon as it started I changed all of my settings in the bios and in the control panel. Its alot more complicated then most people think. You are right, a new mac user would do better on a mac rather than a PC, but if you are expeienced then a PC opens up worlds of things. A mac however, does not give so many options as to which how you would like your computer to run. I really dont have that big of a problem with macs, really. I just do not intend to use them. Maybe in the future I may buy one, but nothing in the NEAR future.

Murph probably has some expierence with computers, thats why he hasnt had problems with his. My computer has not ever crashed, froze or has gotten on a 100% full CPU usage which I use the Task Manager to monitor. Theres just so many ways we could go on and on about this. I believe I have made my point and I believe that the Mac users have too.

Peace
AGR