Thread: Mac Vs PC
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Default Re: Mac Vs PC

As a recently converted Mac user, all I can say is that in the last two months, I've had ONE software crash and that was MSN, written by, guess who, Microsoft. I could run Windows if I wanted to, and the actual specs of the Mac become irrelevant when compared with Windows based systems because they Windows architecture is built on bottlenecks. I could have a 2.8 Ghz PC with Windows and it wouldn't outperform my new 2.0 Ghz iMac, even with the same 1 GB of RAM. I'm also an ex-Linux user, and the Linux I ran (Ubuntu) was easily twice as fast as the Windows XP I had on the dual boot system. Specs are utterly irrelevant.

And guess what? If I wanted to, I could put Windows on here with absolutely no problems. My girlfriend recently bought a MacBook, it outperforms her family's Windows Laptops despite having a technically lower spec, after three months their laptops were crashing all over the place, left right and centre, after a month on her MacBook, there hasn't been a SINGLE crash. Not one. Nada. Not even a software crash, let alone the full hardware crashes she was constantly getting on the Windows Laptops.